[reactive] Simple Example ..

Tom Poliquin poliquin at softcomp.com
Mon Mar 23 20:15:57 EDT 2009

Tom Poliquin wrote:
> I've been struggling trying to get a simple Reactive example
> running ..
>
> I'm a newbie to FRP and few months of Haskell (Scheme before that).
>
> David Sankel previously posted a simple example which I loaded
> up with great joy .. but I get the error ..
>
> ConsoleAdapter.hs:24:50:
>     Couldn't match expected type `Event Char'
>            against inferred type `FRP.Reactive.Internal.Misc.Sink a'
>     In the first argument of `f', namely `stdinEvent'
>     In the second argument of `fmap', namely `(f stdinEvent)'
>     In the second argument of `forkE', namely
>         `(fmap putChar (f stdinEvent))'
> Failed, modules loaded: none.
>
> I posted the full details up at,
> http://www.hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=2810#a2810

Oops.
I just found a fix for the EventTut example!   It was posted after
I did all my searching a few weeks ago ..

Patch generated by Koh Wei Jie,

-- Inside ConsoleAdapter .. adapt function
-- Change
         (stdinEvent, stdinFeed) <- makeEvent clock
         (stdinFeed, stdinEvent) <- makeEvent clock

I put the full modified source here .. as a follow up.
http://www.hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=2810#a2811

Sorry for the false alarm.

Now as Koh Jie said ..

"Now to figure out how to use this stuff."

Tom