[reactive] Using Reactive in a commercial video game - thoughts?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Jun 16 09:55:28 EDT 2009

Thanks, Bob, for the summary.  Reactive has appeared to be tauntingly close
to working for about a year now, and it's still unclear what it will take.
Debugging/diagnosing has been difficult, termination/laziness issues have
been subtle, and in some cases unamb turned up ghc rts bugs.

And, yes, I'm exploring licensing alternatives.  None of the standard
licenses capture what I want.  I switched to GPL-dual as an invitation to
dialog and collaboratively explore possible arrangements.  I'm not attached
to keeping it that way, as the coercive aspects of GPL leave a bad taste in
my mouth.  I'm looking for a sustainable model for myself and others to
create and fun & useful software and share it with each other.  Reactive is
a handy test case for the exploration.

  - Conal