[reactive] Using Reactive in a commercial video game - thoughts?

Ryan Trinkle ryant5000 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 02:45:12 EDT 2009

I'm a co-founder of a game studio that will be writing in (primarily)
Haskell.  We're currently assembling the technology stack for our first
game, and I'm very interested in FRP (Reactive in particular) as a way of
making video game programming easier and less error-prone.  However, from
reading this list and discussing it with people in #haskell on
irc.freenode.net, it seems that there may be issues blocking us from using
it within our timeframe (we plan to release our first game around November).

What known issues would prevent Reactive from being used today in a
commercial video game?  Would you anticipate the discovery of many critical
issues in the future?  What would it take to overcome these issues?

Thanks,
Ryan Trinkle