[reactive] Version conflicts despite hiding

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 17 11:51:44 EST 2008

Hello all,

I have a little problem I haven't run into yet. I'm not sure if it's
Reactive related, but that's what caused it for me, so I'm writing here.
I managed to run Tetris.hs with reactive-0.10.3 and reactive-glut-0.1.4
with success (also observing the problems mentioned by Claus Reinke).
Now I ran an update, and ghc -v says the following as expected:

hiding package reactive-0.10.3 to avoid conflict with later version
reactive-0.10.5
hiding package reactive-glut-0.1.4 to avoid conflict with later version
reactive-glut-0.1.6

However, when I try to compile Tetris or load it into ghci, it says that
it can't match 'UI' (expected) with
'reactive-glut-0.1.4:FRP.Reactive.GLUT.UI.UI' (inferred) in dropPiece,
and I've no idea where it is getting the latter from. There are no
leftover .hi files or anything else in reach. Is reactive-fieldtrip a
possible culprit?

Gergely

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html