[reactive] reactive-0.10.4 and reactive-glut-0.1.5

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Dec 16 17:42:00 EST 2008

I just released reactive-0.10.4 and reactive-glut-0.1.5.  Highlights:

* Improving values: QuickCheck tests, before and after functions,
non-default max method.
* makeEvent now yields (sink,event) instead of (event,sink).  This new order
is Functor-friendlier.  And perhaps Arrow-friendly as well.  If you've
written an adapter, you'll probably have to tweak it, as I did for
reactive-glut-0.1.5.
* Added Reactive.Internal.Chan, which is a copy of Control.Concurrent.Chan,
but with a new function weakChanWriter.  The point for data consumers to
keep data producers alive.  I'll pitch weakChanWriter for inclusion in
Control.Concurrent.Chan.
* Internal.TVal: plug space leak for external inputs (I think), using
weakChanWriter.  Added getChanStream, which is like getChanContents, but
makes a stream.
* Added dependency on the Stream package.
* PrimReactive: futureStreamE, using a refutable pattern, which may help
laziness.  Added some snapshot variants, commented out.

  - Conal