[nhc-users] hmake and GHC 6.6

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 06:21:07 EST 2006

Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Has compiling hmake 3.12 been tested with GHC 6.6?
> No, not explicitly.  It was tested with the pre-release 6.5 however.

Actually, that was a lie.  I certainly intended to test it on a
pre-release, but I don't think I ever actually got round to it.  Hence
the breakage.

> I expect there is something in a Makefile that still explicitly
> refers to the ghc by version, using 605 instead of 606.

This is also complete nonsense.  The issues were exactly as you
identified:

  * fixghc should erase any mention of -package util for ghc >= 6.5
  * module Readline is now called System.Console.Readline,
    and it lives in -package readline.

I have pushed a fix, and tested that it works on both ghc-6.4.1 and
ghc-6.6.

Regards,
    Malcolm