[nhc-users] Problems in nhc98 compilation

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 06:45:49 EST 2005

Monique Louise <monique.louise at gmail.com> writes:

> I've installed the packages and the first problem was solved. Now I'm
> receiving the following message:
>
> ghc -package lang -package util -package base -i../hmake -package lang -pac
> kage util -package base -c -cpp -o c:/nhc98-1.18/targets/ix86-CYGWIN_NT-5.1
> /obj/interpreter/HInteractive.o HInteractive.hs
> 'h: line 19: syntax error near unexpected token `

Strange.  I don't know what the 'h at the beginning of the error
message means, but it suggests something weird is happening.
Certainly, line 19 of the file HInteractive.hs does not have a
backquote ` character, so the message cannot be referring to that.

If you are not likely to use the 'hmake interactive' tool, then you
can easily change the build to ignore it, for instance, by commenting
out line 281 of the toplevel Makefile.

Regards,
    Malcolm