[nhc-users] Problems in nhc98 compilation

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 09:49:42 EST 2005

Monique Louise <monique.louise at gmail.com> writes:

> I receive the following message when I try to compile and install nhc98 at
> WinXP:
>
> timeUnix.c:7:23: sys/times.h: No such file or directory

My guess is that your installation of Cygwin is missing the component
that provides some of the standard C header files.  <sys/times.h> is
part of the POSIX standard (4.5.2), and is normally supported by Cygwin.

Check (using Cygwin's setup.exe) that you have at least these packages
from the Devel category:

    gcc-mingw-core
    glib-devel

There may be others that are required also.

Regards,
    Malcolm