[nhc-users] Native code generation

Arunkumar S Jadhav arunk at it.iitb.ac.in
Wed Nov 24 02:04:03 EST 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 19:55, you wrote:
> About 8-9 years ago, David Wakeling wrote a native code-generator
> for nhc13

Is it publically available somewhere ?

I've built a native code generator that takes G-code straight out of SPJ's
book. The way I'm doing it is to represent each g-instruction as a sequence
of subject trees each typically performing a memory operation (like overwrite
root of the redex etc) and then use burg tree pattern matcher to generate
i386 code. How feasible it would be to do something along similar lines for
Gcode generated by nhc.

And BTW, the __ctype_b still persists :(....I tried all the ways (well most);
linked using the code I got from bugzilla (which Malcolm had also sent),
tried adding that object to Runtime.a with no luck. Will see it later; I'm
surprized that no one reported this problem till now.

Regards,
--
Arunkumar S Jadhav, Masters Student,
KReSIT, IIT-Bombay, India