[nhc-users] How to upload nhc98 binaries to ftp://ftp.cs.york.ac.uk/pub/haskell/incoming/

José Romildo Malaquias romildo@uber.com.br
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:45:51 -0200

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 06:22:05PM +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Hello Romildo,
>
> > I have built RPM packages for hmake-2.03 and nhc98-1.10 and would like
> > to have them uploaded to the nhc98 ftp repository,
> > But the ftp server is not allowing uploading, as shown below. What is
> > the correct procedure for uploading my contributed binary packages?
>
> It looks like uploads to our FTP server have been disabled for
> security reasons.  I have no control over this.
>
> However, if you can upload them to another FTP server, then I can
> make a copy to our server.  Is this possible?  If not, then perhaps
> you could uuencode the RPM and send it to me by email (not to the
> list please!).  (Although our mail server might reject a large
> message of several megabytes...  Argh.  This could turn out to be
> quite difficult.)

I have made them available at

	http://www.uber.com.br/romildo

where they can be downloaded. As I pay for the bandwidth when there are
much traffic in the site, I ask Malcolm to make the packages available
from the nhc98 home page. Then the availability of the RPM packages can
be announced.

Previously I have RPM packages available at ftp://urano.iceb.ufop.br/pub/nhc98/,
but that machine is not alive anymore. Please, Malcolm, make sure this
reference is removed from the page

	http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/nhc98/download.html

Regards,

Romildo