GHC 9.10 release schedule and core library status

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Feb 5 14:28:16 UTC 2024

Julian Ospald <hasufell at posteo.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm unsure what the process here is. Do you expect every boot library
> maintainer to follow GHC issue tracker and comment there? Or to open a
> PR against ghc repo? I definitely won't do the latter as an unpaid
> volunteer (I don't want to deal with GHC MRs and CI).

We created the `ghc-releases` mailing list for the purpose of release
coordination. In the past I have also frequently created tracking
tickets in submodules' upstream repositories. I have not done that this
time as we have this mailing list but I would be happy to do so if this
would be preferable.

> For 'filepath' and 'unix' (and 'os-string', which is to become a boot
> package) I'd prefer if you open issues on each issue tracker. If that is
> too cumbersome, please link me to the place where I'm supposed to
> comment and give me a deadline.

Sure, I will create a pair of tracking tickets. The proposed deadline is
before the second week in March.

Cheers,

- Ben