[core libraries] Call for Nominations

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 23:23:27 UTC 2018

Dear Haskellers,

I'm putting out a call for new nominations (typically but not necessarily
self-nominations) to the Core Libraries Committee.

We've had two open slots for a while, and technically at least a couple of
members of the committee are due to rotate off.

To nominate yourself, please send an email to core-libraries-committee at
haskell.org by December 1, 2018. The retiring members are eligible to
re-nominate themselves. Please feel free to include any information about
yourself that you think will help us to make a decision.

Being a member of the committee does not necessarily require a significant
amount of time, but committee members should aim to be responsive during
discussions when the committee is called upon to make a decision. Strong
leadership, communication, and judgement are very important characteristics
for committee members.

The core libraries committee acts as the maintainer of the core libraries
mentioned on https://wiki.haskell.org/Library_submissions

For the most part members maintain individual libraries under the
maintainer guidelines for Haskell, but there are occasional "barn-raising"
style calls for discussion and decision whenever things need a broad enough
mandate.

We seek a broad representation from different segments of the Haskell world
-- including but not limited to those focused on education, those focused
on industrial applications, those with background in organizing
users-groups, and those focused directly on our technical infrastructure.

More details about the committee's roles and responsibilities are on

https://wiki.haskell.org/Core_Libraries_Committee

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to e-mail us
at core-libraries-committee at haskell.org, or contact one of us
individually.

-Edward Kmett