Strictness of Semigroup instance for Maybe

Andrew Martin andrew.thaddeus at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:21:04 UTC 2018

I feel the the way concerning being lazy as possible and being left-strict where there is a symmetric choice to be made. This seems to be a common theme is base, although I’ve never seen it officially endorsed. I have seen Edward Kmett talk about this on reddit (contrasting it with the Monoid classes in strict-by-default languages), but I cannot find the thread.

Sent from my iPhone