Deprecating fromIntegral

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Fri Sep 22 12:58:25 UTC 2017

On 22/09/17 13:30, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> I’m -10 in this proposal
>
> Every time I write a number literal I’ll now get a warning.

Hi Carter, is this true?

It was my understanding that if you deprecate a function, you get
deprecation warnings only where you make literal use of that function, e.g.

  x = 10

would not raise a deprecation because you didn't explicitly write
"fromInteger" here (and certainly not fromIntegral).

Is this not the case?

> Cause as it hasn’t been remarked : every integer literal uses these
operations afaik

Both Henning and Edward have remarked that.