Proposal: Bring the Contravariant class to base

Artyom yom at artyom.me
Tue Sep 12 22:05:50 UTC 2017

I am +1 on this, though I am −0.1 on merging `contravariant` into `base`
fully.

Note that I am biased because a) I am generally in favor of
significantly bigger `base` than we have today, and b) it would let me
bring `Getter` (from lens) to `microlens`, which I rather want to do.

By the way, I think Edward Kmett had some good arguments about why
`Profunctor` shouldn't be in `base`, but I don't remember whether those
arguments apply to `Contravariant` or not.