FunctorFix

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang-it at jeltsch.info
Mon Sep 11 00:08:39 UTC 2017

In my opinion, ApplicativeFix should have a restricted left shrinking
axiom that is analogous to the restricted right shrinking axiom I
proposed in another e-mail in this thread (but which does not hold for
several MonadFix examples). Restricted Left Shrinking would look as
follows:

    afix (\ ~(_, y) -> liftA2 (,) f (g y)) = liftA2 (,) f (afix g)

I think this axiom is stronger than the one you suggested.

All the best,
Wolfgang