Proposal: add ordNub somewhere in containers

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Nov 13 18:10:04 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017, Gershom B wrote:

> The discussion period is well over and it seems the consensus is for
> adding this, basically as David proposes.  -- i.e. ordNub, and
> ordNubOn, but not ordNubBy. (and also the -1 variants and the int-
> variants). I think the only module name proposed to add them to is
> Data.Containers.ListUtils, so I guess that stands.

I think there should be some more thoughts on a good module name. E.g. use
of plural (Utils vs. Util) - singular makes more sense in qualified
identifiers, use of abbreviations (Util vs. Utility) - we have 'import ...
as' for abbreviations, consistency with other data structures - where
would we put ordNub for Seq, in Data.Container.SequenceUtility or in
Data.Sequence?