Map with a different Monoid instance

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu May 25 20:37:38 UTC 2017

That's a really good question, and could theoretically even generalize more
than that: should `insert` have a `Monoid` or `Semigroup` constraint on the
key as well? Should this API explicitly avoid any form of throwing away
values, and insist that, if that's the behavior you want, you do something
like `insertWith const`?

I think my guess is in line with yours, that the rest of the API functions
should continue with the discard behavior of the current API, but it's
worth at least raising the question.