Proposal: rename Data.List.NonEmpty.sortWith to sortOn for consistency

Artyom yom at artyom.me
Thu May 18 16:32:14 UTC 2017

sortWith and sortOn have different implementations (specifically, they
make a different tradeoff regarding performance – sortWith is faster for
cheap functions, sortOn is faster for expensive functions).

I'm +1 on adding sortOn, −1 on renaming sortWith to sortOn (as it would
be very confusing to have a Data.List.NonEmpty.sortOn that doesn't match
Data.List.sortOn), and −0.1 on removing sortWith.