Functor, Applicative, Monad, Foldable, Traversable instances for (, , ) a b

Nathan Bouscal nbouscal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:38:40 UTC 2017

The argument that people should define custom data types rather than using
triples doesn't have any bearing on whether triples should implement these
type classes. That argument would imply that whether the type classes are
implemented doesn't matter, because if you're complaining about getting
unexpected results the response is "use a custom data type", and similarly
if you're complaining about the lack of a type class instance the response
is "use a custom data type". So, even though it's true that people
generally should use custom data types instead of triples, it's irrelevant
to the discussion.

+1 on the proposal. Consistency is good.