fix for Data.List.sortBy

Gregory Popovitch greg7mdp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 12:03:32 UTC 2017

Sid, this new version (diff below) is really fast when sorting random ints,
but slower when sorting strings:

input                        GHC sort          Orig proposal        gSort
sorted ints (ascending)      151               460                  147
sorted ints (descending)     151               467                  171
random ints                 2771              2010                 1365
random strings              6542              5524                 5991

Thanks,

greg

  _____