Deprecate Foldable for Either

amindfv at gmail.com amindfv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 21:25:47 UTC 2017

The issue is that if a "grumpy person" imports any library which uses the Prelude (I have a feeling they might), then under the open world assumption they will get the instances that to them are broken.

If we can get a warning then those of us who find the instances dangerous might be more willing to live and let live.

Tom