Storable laws

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 19:20:00 UTC 2017

This is only roughly related, but long ago I completely replaced
Storable in my own hsc2hs-using code with CStorable, which is a copy
of Storable, except having only the instances that I choose.
Specifically, it has instances for CChar but not Char, for CBool but
not Bool, etc. because it's too dangerous to silently allow these
memory-corrupting instances.  I think reusing Storable for C
serialization was a mistake.  Replacing Storable was pretty easy
though, just copy-paste the 200-line Foreign module and change the
class name.