Proposal: add `Proxy`fied versions of `bitSizeMaybe` and `finiteBitSize`

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 14:08:22 UTC 2017

This was my knee-jerk reaction as well, but interestingly, you only
actually need to turn on AllowAmbiguousTypes to compile the class. You can
actually _use_ the methods without the extension. This matters to me
because AllowAmbiguousTypes allows far too many errors through in user code.

This renders it a somewhat less bad option than I previously assumed and
leaves me somewhat ambivalent about whether we use the extension or not.