Constraints on definition of `length` should be strengthened

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 21:03:10 UTC 2017

Discussion has been raised elsewhere about `Either e` just in the last
month or so, etc as well. The goal posts slide around quite a bit, almost
like there are lots of people with different opinions. Others are fine with
the instances but want to monomorphize null, length,
maximum/minimum/sum/product/everything, it depends on who you ask and when.

-Edward