Constraints on definition of `length` should be strengthened

Nathan Bouscal nbouscal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:29:58 UTC 2017

I expect most people probably agree that it'd be nice to have tuples be an
unbiased cartesian product, but the actual fact of the matter is that
tuples as they exist in Haskell are biased. We can't just ignore that and
pretend they're unbiased. It definitely sucks that the answer people would
naively give to "what is a tuple in Haskell" is not the correct answer, but
we're stuck in that situation. The question is how to make the best of it.