Functor, Applicative, Monad, Foldable, Traversable instances for (, , ) a b

Tony Morris tonymorris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:56:40 UTC 2017

On 01/04/17 17:24, Andreas Abel wrote:
> > The length of ((,) a) is exactly one. Anything else is ridiculous.
>
> Now we are even talking of the length of a function.  Can it get more
> absurd?!

No. It is perfectly reasonable. Go and "ask the mathematics department"
or whatever criteria it will take for (the collective) you to understand
that.

> Just make a field experiment.  Go to the mathematics department and
> ask people what is the length of (1, 1), the length of (1, 1, 1).  An
> then count the number of people that respond "1" to both of these
> questions. And weight it against the people that say something else.

We already agree on the result. Thanks again for pointing out, that I am
pointing to the mistake that is repeatedly made. I will just keep
pointing to it. Just keep that mistake out of my code, thanks.