Generalise type of deleteBy

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 09:20:23 UTC 2016

Malcolm, the semantics of deleteBy are slightly different as it only
deletes the first occurrence. In the end however I did use `filter` as
I didn't
care particularly about just deleting the first matching value, as
there was at most one matching value in the whole list.

Joachim, it seems to me that `deleteBy` is the odd one out as the
types of `sortBy` and `maximumBy` are the most general types.

Anyway, this function is not used very often. I searched on hackage
and there were less than 50 uses. There is a simple patch which I have
provided and people are welcome to merge if they like but I don't
think we should spend a lot of time arguing about this or worrying
about potential breakage.

Matt