Modules for new map merge functions may be renamed

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:59:52 UTC 2016

We hope to make one more, fairly small, major release for containers for
inclusion in GHC 8.2. I am considering renaming the new modules
Data.Map.Merge.Lazy and Data.Map.Merge.Strict instead of
Data.Map.Strict.Merge and Data.Map.Lazy.Merge. That seems more consistent
with the module scheme for the rest of the package, and leaves open the
option of adding extra merge-related modules in the future. I'm sorry about
the potential wobble, but I think taking care of this now will lead to much
less trouble than waiting till later.