Generic Data.List.partition

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:56:01 UTC 2016

Wild guessing: This seems fairly likely to relate somehow to the potential
space leak in certain "optimized" compilations of partition (where the GC
can't see and reduce selector application). Your Foldable version may
benefit in some cases by not being inlined and therefore not getting the
problematic optimization. I don't really know for sure. What is clear is
that the GC trick isn't as reliable as one might hope, given its
performance.