Adding Fixed Point Data Types to base

Andrew Martin andrew.thaddeus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:10:37 UTC 2016

Like I said, I don't like doing things like this for the reasons that you
would expect. I don't like that it breaks the PVP, makes running your test
suite more difficult, and makes your haddocks not include information that
might be available. But to get back to the original proposal, what are your
thoughts on providing Free, Cofree, and Fix in base? I gather from your
previous comment that you would prefer anything to conditional instances,
but do you find that these recursive data types are commonly used enough to
merit inclusion in base?

--
-Andrew Thaddeus Martin