Numeric read seems too strict

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:26:10 UTC 2016

Yeah, that. With a paren count and an accumulator and for fractional
numbers some care around the decimal point or slash, we can look at each
digit just once. Fast/lazy failure would be a pleasant side effect of
running a numbers-only process from top to bottom. Yes, Read is supposed to
read things that look like Haskell expressions, but it's really not a
Haskell parser and pretending it is only hurts.