Proposal: add chunksOf to Data.Sequence

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Fri May 6 09:28:00 UTC 2016

On 03/15/2015 05:45 PM, David Feuer wrote:
> Data.List.Split.chunksOf n xs breaks up a list xs into chunks of n elements
> each. The internal "splitMap" function Data.Sequence uses to implement
> zipWith supports a simple and efficient implementation of chunksOf. All in
> favor, say "aye".

+1

(as some who needs this at this very moment. I guess I'll have to write
my own for now.)

... though it seems a bit odd that List doesn't have this? Would it make
sense to add it there too? It seems like this must be at least as
commonly used as e.g. 'permutations'.

> Also, I'm still waiting for a response (any response) to my "cycleN"
> proposal.

+0

... as in: Don't particularly care either way. No sure if that counts as
a response :).

Regards,