Proposal: add fromRight and fromLeft to Data.Either

Anton Felix Lorenzen anfelor at posteo.de
Fri Jun 3 15:49:02 UTC 2016

It has been two weeks now since I wrote my proposal.

First of all, thanks to all for their replies
(and sorry for having started such a big discussion).

Tom has mentioned, that there is (\(Right x)->x).
I didn't consider that (shame on me), but I think it is perfect
as it is short and easy to read.

Also it shows the idea of unwrapping,
something which "either undefined id" lacks.

I think it is a good replacement
and therefore withdraw my proposal.

Meanwhile, it was proposed to include
   fromLeft  :: a -> Either a b -> a