Haskell Foldable Wats

Kosyrev Serge _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Feb 24 21:41:33 UTC 2016

amindfv at gmail.com writes:
> I suggest we try to put this issue to bed, and if ~80% of the
> community says they don't want these instances, then yes -- core libraries should
> use Writer instead of redefining their own instance for (,). Similarly, if ~80%
> want the instances, we can grumble that users are wrong but democracy has spoken.

If it comes to suggestions, I think the first step should be a Wiki page,
that would sufficiently exhaustively describe the overall problem,
and enumerate various options of dealing with the situation, with their pros
and cons.

As it stands, any kind of vote wouldn't be quite informed, I believe.

--
с уважениeм / respectfully,
Косырев Сергей