Names for general merge tactics in Data.Map

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 19:19:42 UTC 2016

As for a compatibility package, I believe that should be possible. I don't
think mergeWithKey can implement generalMergeA, but I'm pretty sure it can
be written using splitRoot. I'm not personally very interested in writing
this shim, especially since it would only be really useful for packages
using both generalMerge and the GHC API, but I may get around to it at some
point if no one else does it first.

I think you may be right about the name merge rather than generalMerge; if
others agree I'll use that name.