Proposal: Add rtsIsThreaded to base

Merijn Verstraaten merijn at inconsistent.nl
Tue Apr 26 15:13:11 UTC 2016

On 26 Apr 2016, at 15:26, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I may very well be wrong with this, but off the top of my head if the
> library is installed globally (either manually, non-sandboxed
> cabal-install or using stack in some fashion), then I don't think
> whether a particular _executable_ is compiled with a
> multi-/single-threaded runtime system would affect the value from a
> constant that's already been compiled (unless INLINE is used to
> prevent it being pre-computed).

That's an implementation detail that can be tackled the same way done currently with rtsSupportsBoundThreads, i.e. having it be a foreign function call rather than an actual haskell constant. That way it will always be linked with the corresponding symbol in the runtime your linking against.

Cheers,
Merijn