Drastic Prelude changes imminent

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:02:09 UTC 2015

On January 28, 2015 at 5:57:56 AM, Simon Peyton Jones (simonpj at microsoft.com) wrote:
> > Just to be clear, this isn't my proposal: it's from Lennart and
> Neil. They did come to see me; I had indeed entirely missed the
> fact that the Prelude was changing so much; I did encourage them
> to explicitly and clearly air their concerns. But I don't feel
> ready to take a personal position on how best to move forward.

Thanks for the clarity Simon. Apologies for contributing to noise by a sloppy reading of earlier messages in this thread.

I’ve been advocating that it is important that a FAQ be written up on the BBP to make the maze of (careful) choices more understandable to a lay audience. That will at least help the discussion to not repeatedly cover the same ground. If nobody else manages to step in and do it, I’ll see what I can get done myself in the next few days.

Cheers,
Gershom