Is deprecation as bad as removal?

Niklas Haas haskell at nand.wakku.to
Wed Feb 25 00:01:40 UTC 2015

I disagree, since nobody's forcing you to turn on -Werror. If you're not
in the mood to maintain your packages, you don't need to use that
particular flag. You can also silence the warning on a case-by-case
basis.

The way I see it, -Werror exists for those who want to make sure their
code does not contain deprecated functionality. I don't think this is
the status quo.