Would it be a good or bad idea to make dropWhile try to fuse?

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:32:59 UTC 2014

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to leave that one alone for now and
focus on the ones that are more obviously good ideas: scanr, takeWhile, and
(now that we have appropriate optimizations) scanl and (hopefully, if no
one objects) scanl', as well as the semi-related inits. I'd also like to
revisit length, which is currently a horrible mess of rules, and see if the
new foldl' allows it to be written efficiently without so much trouble.