RFC: include a cabal-install executable in future GHC releases

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sat Jan 25 21:44:44 UTC 2014

I guess my point is that the platform should be suitable for almost
everyone. That was certainly the way I perceived the intention when it
was first launched.

How about just extracting the latest cabal binaries from the Platform
after each release and making them available for separate download?

That way there's no extra burden on the cabal or GHC maintainers and no
need to solve the general problem of making more frequent cabal binary
distributions.