qualified imports, PVP and so on (Was: add new Data.Bits.Bits(bitZero) method)

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:51:46 UTC 2014

Hi Sven,

> o_O Dumb question: Can somebody please explain why this doesn't
> conform to the PVP? I have a very hard time reading that out of
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy. Perhaps
> I'm looking at the wrong document or this interpretation is just
> wishful thinking...

If I'm getting it right, you don't have to increase a major version
number if you're e.g. just adding another function.

But if the user of your library imports unqualified or implicit,
then he will also get your added function and this function might
conflict with functions in your code base.

Greetings,
Daniel