Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Filing bugs for haskell packages

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sat Feb 8 16:29:57 UTC 2014

For what it's worth, I did exactly this for the
http at projects.haskell.org list which is listed as the maintainer in the
cabal file, and the list is overwhelmed by spam.

Some subscribers even get bounced off it by mailman every so often
because their own spam filtering is better than the pre-list filtering,
and so they bounce enough of the messages that mailman sends them to
trigger the "broken email address" check.

I'm vaguely planning on giving up and going back to having myself only
listed as maintainer as a result. I definitely wouldn't want people to
have to subscribe to email the maintainer address though.