Proposal: Add filterM or filterA to Data.Sequence

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Tue Dec 30 19:36:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 1:05 AM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As one of the maintainers of the containers package these are the kind of
> issues I have to consider*.

I share these concerns too with Johan, especially about code duplication
and package maintenance.

Kudos to him for stewarding it so successfully all along for I and
countless others appreciate his work. And I think it's unfair to push work
around like this. What happens is open source fatigue and you find your
best contributors leaving.

Traditionally, if you found some missing function, you would roll your own
package and upload it for the benefit of everyone.

The proper resolution of this proposal is Data.MissingSeq.filterM.

-- Kim-Ee