Data.Functor.unzipF (Was: Data.Map.unzip?)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sat Dec 6 00:00:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 05.12.2014, 18:24 -0500 schrieb David Feuer:
> Oh, you're right, there probably isn't anything unzippable that's not
> a functor, unless you go really wild. So could we just add unzip to
> the Functor class?

I still believe a stand-alone function makes more sense. Otherwise we’d
be increasing the size of the Functor dictionary for very little gain
(because the function is not so frequent, and there are probably not
many instances where there is a significant performance gain to be
gained).

Greetings,
Joachim

--