Gearing up (again) for the next release: 2014.2.0.0

Mark Lentczner mark.lentczner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:34:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk
<fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk>wrote:

> There's an if clause in the Cabal file. If we're in the GHC tree when
> building, we set a symbol and then Haddock knows where to look for the
> libs. If we aren't, *then* we require ghc-paths.
>
> AFAICT it has been this way since 2008.

Curious! I never had a problem building haddock as part of the platform
before, but in the new build, I ran across the need for ghc-paths. Perhaps
the old build isn't nearly as "hermetic" as I thought it was, and new one
more so. It is also possible that GHC might have previously shipped with
ghc-paths?

- Mark