Flipped function application

Niklas Haas haskell
Wed Oct 9 19:45:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:51:39 -0700 (PDT), Wvv <vitea3v at rambler.ru> wrote:
> It's looking very strange, that such easy function as flipped function
> application is still absent at the base.

I'm not convinced the stylistic differences to ($) are really worth
adding it as a distinct combinator, at least for general-purpose code.

It works nicely for lens because it lets you mimic the appearance of
record update syntax, but it might not be the best idea to introduce it
as an entirely separate idiom - seeing as it could cause lots of
unnecessary code complexity and confusion.