Proposal: Improving the IsString String instance

Gabriel Gonzalez gabriel439 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 19:19:51 CEST 2013

I think Henning has a point regarding defining:

    o = fromString

All these libraries that Edward mentions already ask the user to paste a
lot of boilerplate at the top of their module consisting of various
extensions and imports.  Why not simply remove the `OverloadedString`s
pragma from the boilerplate and replace it with `o = fromString` and get
almost the exact same benefits?