Workflow for maintaining Haskell platform packages

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 18:32:40 CEST 2013

2013/8/4 Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com>:
> I'm not sure if I've understood you correctly, but if the problem is
> how to have both installed then the answer is cabal-dev or hsenv. Oh,
> and the unreleased version of cabal (on github) has built in
> sandboxing.

Yes, that exactly is the problem. I'll try cabal-env/hsenv then.

One more workflow question: Wouldn't it make sense to make a branch on
GitHub for each released version of a package and bump the package
version on master directly after that? I know that there are tons of
ways working with git, but I think that this one is quite common and
makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks for the hints,
   S.