New libraries process

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu May 26 11:22:40 CEST 2011

Am 26.05.2011 09:37, schrieb Simon Peyton-Jones:
> Friends
>
> Thanks to those who responded to the message below, about improving the process for developing the core Haskell libraries.
> 	http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions/NewDraft

I see:

"Portability. Good code is portable. In particular, try to ensure the
code runs in Hugs and GHC, and on Windows and Linux."

I believe Hugs is dead and Mac OS is also an important platform, so
apart from testing on multiple platforms (automatically by "validate"?)
I wonder what a good portability measure is. Maybe older versus most
recent ghc versions, or as few extensions (that just ghc support) as
possible (ideally none?).

Cheers Christian